Planescape: Torment is optimized for tablets and not recommended for phones with screen sizes under 7 inches. We do not support Chrome OS devices.
“Planescape: Torment is a wonderful game, and its Enhanced Edition is a splendid, unobtrusive, beautifying update”
– Geek & Sundry
“Planescape: Torment still stands tall as a landmark masterpiece that can continue to age gracefully, now on your phone or tablet”
– Touch Arcade
“Planescape: Torment is a timeless classic, the Enhanced Edition just makes it better”
– Bleeding Cool
In Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition you’ll explore the planes, survive combat alongside a party of unique companions, and solve puzzles unlike any ever seen in the genre.
The original Planescape: Torment was released in 1999 to widespread critical acclaim. It won RPG of the Year from multiple outlets for its unconventional story, characters, and amazing soundtrack. Since then, millions of Planescape: Torment fans have enjoyed exploring the strange and dangerous city of Sigil and surrounding planes.
Discover an incredibly rich story and a unique setting unlike anything else in fantasy. Defeat strange and alien creatures, engage in rich dialogue, and explore the dark and dangerous Planescape setting in this 50+ hour RPG classic.
This is Planescape: Torment like you’ve never seen before.
“What can change the nature of a man?”
You are the Nameless One, a hulking figure covered in scars and tattoos collected over the course of countless lives—none of which you can remember, but are now coming back to haunt you. You are prodded awake by Morte, a floating skull and keeper of secrets, to embark on an adventure taking The Nameless One from the dirty streets of Sigil into the mysterious Outer Planes and even into the depths of Hell itself.
In your search for answers, you’ll find companions matching the bizarre nature of the planes: a chaste succubus who can kill with a kiss, a confused crossbow-wielding cube, a suit of armor animated by a spirit demanding JUSTICE, and more. With these companions and others at The Nameless One’s side, you will explore worlds in search of answers, all to discover that some destinies cannot be escaped and some memories cost more than an even an immortal can bear.
1. Enhanced Planescape: Gameplay updates, bug fixes, and enhancements to best capture the original vision for the game.
2. The Planes Await: Planescape is a setting filled with strange magics, bizarre adversaries, and Dungeons & Dragons locations from across the multiverse.
3. Conversations to Remember: Encounter personable items, philosophic undead, and rat hiveminds while walking the planes with the strangest collection of allies ever seen in an RPG.
4. Pick Your Path: Character creation is just the beginning. The Nameless One can change his class, alignment, and even gain new abilities based on your choices.
5. Remastered Music: The full Planescape: Torment soundtrack has been remastered in-game to add more depth to Sigil and the multiverse.
6. New Tablet Interface, Same Planescape Feel: Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition has been designed with tablets in mind. Open and close side menus with a touch, select dialog options with handy conversation buttons, and make tactical decisions with a brand-new action indicator.
7. A Planescape For Today: The Enhanced Edition includes modern features such as tab highlighting, area zooming, combat log, quickloot, and more!
8. Play It Your Way: Enable Enhanced Edition features as you desire or turn them off to experience Planescape: Torment in its original glory.
9. PST:EE is available in English, French, Polish, German, and Korean. Note: Korean translations are text only. Voice-overs are played in English.
USER REVIEWS :
“”””3 stars because Torment is one of the best RPGs of all time. Not 5 stars because whoever ported this to Android has no concept of UI design. They put the right click actions on the bottom UI bar (good), but made the buttons so thin that even with a stylus or tablet they’re still problematic. What is most infuriating about this is there’s a huge amount of wasted bar space on either side of the buttons. Why they didn’t make the buttons wider and use up every precious bit of UI space is baffling.””””
“”””tested on an sam a31. it work okay in landscape mode. forcing it to run in portrait or in a window causes a laundry list of problems. it also causes previous reviews to spontaneously dissapear; funny that. hopefully one day they will better optimize it like baldurs gate.”””””
Go and enjoy Planescape: Torment
“”””The UI is so poorly designed this game is basically unplayable. Just pick it up on PC, you wont be able to play this, sadly.””””
“”””Beautiful old-school style Dungeons and Dragons isometric CRPG. This game is focused more on story and lore than on combat, which I love. Note, this also means that when you create your character you really should focus on mental attributes rather than on the physical stats. This will allow you to get the most out of the game. Also, these stats will make you a powerful mage, which is an awesome class that can make up for any shortcomings in your physical stats. Buy it! By the way, it’s important to mention that I’m playing this on an ACER Chromebook, not on a phone or tablet. It works beautifully and the mouse controls work just like they would on a windows PC. All in all, this is as good as an RPG can get.””””
Additional font scaling range for graphics options
Android Specific Bugs Fixed
The “How to play” page 4 has arrow indicators have been swapped and now point to the correct button
Casting Abyssal Fury no longer freezes the game
Fixed a bug causing a crash on start on the Motorola Xoom MZ604