Coromon is a modern monster taming game with retro pixelart. Coromon brings an immersive storyline, strategic turn-based combat and challenging puzzles to a classic genre.
THIS GAME is a refreshing take on the monster taming genre set in a charming pixel-art world.
By introducing elements from the JRPG genre to the monster taming formula, Coromon becomes the best of both worlds. Experience a lengthy and compelling story, face off against powerful bosses, and puzzle your way through a variety of challenging dungeons.
You will face off against powerful bosses, wild hordes of Coromon, and trainers looking for a challenge.
A stamina based battle system requires you to pick your skills carefully. Affect your opponent’s stamina, apply conditions and damage them with an arsenal of available skills to emerge victorious.
And when you’re ready, challenge your friends online to see who’s the best!
Follow the story of an aspiring researcher joining the technologically advanced organisation of Lux Solis. You’ll be assigned to a specialized team called the Titan Taskforce, and you are tasked with investigating the six Titans known in the region of Velua.
Your character works for a high-tech company, and your goal is to extract Titan Essences from the world. As the name implies, Titans are larger beasts you find in dungeons, and you and your monster teams must defeat them to get the essences and learn more about these “cornerstones” of the world.
Colors show how strong your Coromon can be.
Two may be of the same species, but one may be brown, and the other is purple. This is part of TRAGsoft’s potential system. Coromon gain XP as they fight, and you can use those points to customize their stats. Van der Made says you can do that to make one a glass cannon (meaning with powerful attacks but weak health and defense), or make one that soaks up enemy damage.
In games like Pokémon or Monster Rancher, you’re goal is to be the best trainer or collector you can be. And while that’s an important aspect of Coromon as well, you’re also working for a big company. You get paid for your endeavors, and along the way, you encounter other employees who are there to help you.
As we explored a sandy dungeon, we encountered some dart traps. This is all about timing, avoiding the darts as you make your way through that part of the maze. Some of these dart traps have patterns you must watch for. Other traps include trapdoors, and some of these combine to make for some nasty tests. You also have buttons to move walls. None of them are difficult, but they do require you to pay attention to your surroundings and break the gameplay loop of finding and fighting monsters.
- A compelling story with an interesting plot.
- Difficulty levels for an extra challenge.
- Epic boss battles to test your skills.
- Challenging puzzles to solve.
- Stat customisation: customise your Coromon to match your playstyle.
- Character customisation to create the perfect look for your character.
- 120+ animated Coromon.
- Unique regions to explore, each in its own theme.
- Beautiful pixelart visuals.
- Original soundtrack with 50+ tracks.
- Multiple saveslots and autosave functionality.
- Full controller support.
- Updated translations
- Milestone screen will now automatically scroll to the next claimable milestone
- Promotion Bonus popups now tell you which item is obtained
- Added setting to accommodate puzzles for colorblindness
- Added option to put on lab coat before entering the back of the Buzzlet Lab
- Bugfixes and improvement